Here are listed, from easiest to hardest, all rowing movements that build your back (especially the upper back), biceps, forearms, and even your glutes and hamstrings. All these variations can be found in the iOS and Android Bodyweight Training app.
Without skipping any exercises, and starting with the easiest movement, what’s the hardest exercise you can do for 5 reps? Rest 30 seconds between sets.
If you can make it all the way through this Rowing Progression, try doing it with 1 or 2 second pauses at the top of each repetition.
1. Let Me Ins; legs slightly bent
2. Let Me Ins; thighs parallel
3. One-arm Let Me Ins; legs slightly bent
4. One-arm Let Me Ins; thighs parallel
5. Let Me Ups; knees bent 90 and underhand grip
6. Let Me Ups; knees bent 90 and overhand grip
7. Let Me Ups; knees bent slightly and underhand grip
8. Let Me Ups; knees slightly bent and overhand grip
9. Let Me Ups; legs straight and underhand grip
10. Let Me Ups; legs straight and overhand grip
11. Let Me Ups; feet elevated and underhand grip
12. Let Me Ups; feet elevated and overhand grip
13. Let Me Ups; feet elevated, 1 leg raised and underhand grip
14. Let Me Ups; feet elevated, 1 leg raised and overhand grip